Refuge – a protected state safe from something threatening, harmful, or unpleasant.
• Vision: That, through this new Refuge Center: 1. end homelessness by providing shelter due to house fire, evictions, natural disasters, and other emergency cases; 2. provide free monthly meals; 3. advocate for low income individuals/families; 4. guidance to other resources for child/elderly abuse/battered women; 5. free sewing classes/basic carpentry/basic plumbing; 6. basic CPR/First Aid classes, 7. free individual, marriage, family and financial counseling; etc…8. a food bank.
Furthermore, to be a model refuge center to other entities and/or other churches in the verge of building or renovating local, state, and federal.
• Goal: 1. Collect enough funds to construct a new Refuge Center for local residents. 2. To rise above needy people’s circumstances, therefore eliminating the threat, the harm, and the unpleasantness from people’s lives. 3. To give God all the Honor, Glory, and Praise upon reaching our goal and fulfilling our vision.
Project 300 towards Jordan River Refuge Center is based on the Biblical Battle of Gideon’s 300 men (Judges 6-8). This biblical story gives us numerous of life teachings. Project 300 in based on one of these teachings.
Gideon was able to gather 32,000 men to fight against 135,000 enemy soldiers that had invaded and were destroying their land. But God didn’t want Gideon’s men to boast themselves over winning the battle because of their 32k strength, so an elimination process was used by God in this story.
• The Afraid, those that were afraid, 22,000 of them, were sent home. Judges 7:3
• The Careless, those drinking from the water, “as a dog laps”, disregarding potential danger of near enemy presence invading their land, 9,700 were sent to their tents. Judges 7:5
• The Prepared, those who lapped to drink water, putting their hand to their mouth, vigilant and ready at a moment’s Notice. Those left to stay were the 300 chosen few. Judges 7:6
Qualifying to be part and committing to become one of the chosen 300 depends on us.
• We cannot afford to be afraid and lose heart when the time comes to financially support a good cause.
• We cannot be careless people not being able to help when the time comes, not because we’re not willing but because we’re not able and ready to financially take part as consequence of our over spending without regard to priorities.
• To accomplish personal victory in our lives; we must always be prepared and vigilant as good financial biblical stewards. As a result, God continues to bless us and supply our every need, so we can always be willing and very well able to support a God sent project for the needy, like the new refuge center.
As a goal, Project 300 towards Jordan River Refuge Center is designed to recruit 300 warriors to donate $1000 for the construction of a new refuge center. Remember, the duration of Project 300 is 300 days and the days are going by fast. Help us reach this goal for a new refuge center.
• To the afraid and the careless: to be allowed to be part of the victory: To help accomplish the victory Gideon called them out to participate and intersect the enemy, as the enemy fled towards Jordan River.
• To the afraid and the careless: You too can participate in this blessing, project 300, by selecting one affordable option that God suits in your heart. Be part of reaching our victory and our goal!
Arise and get involved in project 300. Be one of today’s 300 brave warriors! Choose an Option that God suits in your heart and be a project 300 Sponsor. Let’s do it! Let’s commit to God!
Step 1: commit to God the pledge you resolved in your heart.
Step 2: Choose an Option
Step 3: fill out the Pledge form & Sign
Project 300 is designed to recruit 300 Brave Sponsors to donate $1000 for the construction of a new Refuge Center. For more info check out church page!
The birth of Jordan River Church commenced in a small living room on a blessed Sunday morning on February 26th, 1995. By faith, founding pastors Jorge & Marta Tovar opened their humble home to the Laredo community. With a heart to serve God, teach the g
"El Pesebre" will be up for view for three consecutive days, Dec. 22nd, 23rd, and 24th, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, every evening from 7-9pm. Characters: Joseph...
We will have people starting tomorrow from 8am to 5pm every day for 5 days. last day will be Sunday at 3pm. Please donated bottle WATER throughout this event and/or...
Join Us! "John 6:35 Relief Contributions" Collecting BREAD & WATER (bottle) for the small towns northeast of Corpus Christi and those Southwest of Houston. 100%...